Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Life in Ukraine, Chapter 1



I won't take time to write much here, other than to say that I've arrived, I'm snuggled in at a temporary apartment in downtown Kiev, and, thanks to my Fulbright colleague Michael Forster Rothbart, I've learned how to ride the subway, shop in a grocery store, apartment hunt, and much, much more. Tomorrow I'm off to a Christmas day celebration at an outdoor museum, and I begin teaching next week. Stay tuned for more!

Above: One of my first sights on my first walk: the Natural History Museum.

2 comments:

Elyse said...

Already got your sea legs, wow. Are those mere dustings of snow I see? A little relief from the harshness of winter? Good luck with the apartment hunting. Elyse

Kristin said...

So glad to see you arrived safely! You sure find museums fast don't you?!